Friday 19 April 2013

Point of View with Jack and the Giant

This week in SK we read Jack and the Beanstalk by Tim Paulson.  This was a neat story because it was two stories in one or an upside down tale.  The first side was the traditional tale from Jack's point of view.  Then we flipped the book over to read The Beanstalk Incident which told the Giant's story.


 
After we read both sides of the story we began to discuss which story we believed to be true. Some of the talk between the students and their comments were very interesting.  Here are just a few of their comments:
 
I can't really choose.  I don't know who to believe - CP
 
I don't believe anyone - GR
 
I believe both stories could be true - DRP
 
I don't know why the giant didn't get mad when Jack stole the goose in his story - DJP
 
We completed a graph in math and these were our results:
 

 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment