Thursday 11 April 2013

Pete the Cat

We've been reading some Pete the Cat books this month.  They have a simple rhythmical text that the kids love. The tunes are catchy so don't be surprised if your child is singing one out loud at home.  I know the songs pop into my head throughout the day. 

We like to watch them on the smart board (read by the author) and follow along with the book.  We even have a Pete the Cat stuffie to help us out.

Today the JK's made their own Pete the Cat.  They had to follow directions to create Pete. This helped us review colours and shapes.  Then they selected the colour shoes they wanted to add to Pete's feet.  He loves white, red, purple, and orange shoes in JK.


I have a couple of links to share if you are interested in extending this at home.  Check out the online video performed by the author. Pete the Cat I Love My White Shoes  Also have a look at Pete the Cat - Harper Collins  This site has news, activities, excerpts and free audio downloads of the books.

We discovered that there was a Pete the Cat app for the iPad.  I downloaded that today and we will have to explore it and see what it has to offer.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment