Monday 12 November 2012

Music Wall

I had a chance to go and visit my friend and fellow Kindergarten teacher, Shelley Penner a couple of weeks ago to see her program in action.  I went outside at recess with her class and watched the students at play with the music wall that she and Ashley Haines created for their playground.  I was inspired to try and create one here for our kindergarteners at King George.  Thank you to those who have donated to our Music Wall.  The students are really looking forward to using it once we set it up outside. 

We are still looking for more OLD, used materials... muffin tins, racks from ovens, loaf pans, pot lids, etc.  If they have a hole in the top, we can attach it to the fence.  Check out this link for ideas and inspiration.


I also included this video from Timothy Goes to School called "The Music Tree".  Thanks to Shannon Bailey for these links :)

No comments:

Post a Comment